Great Way to Spend a Weekend in Tri-Cities – Lon Martin’s Monday Musings a Must
An interesting weekend leads me to ponder, did you have fun? I did, and here’s how:
- 2013 Regional Home and Garden Show at TRAC by the HBA, was GREAT again.
- Found A new Brew Pub: Shrub Steppe Smokehouse Brewery. It’s just a few miles out of north Richland off Hwy 240. Great Beer & BBQ!
- NASCAR ramped up the racing year at the Daytona 500 where for the first time a woman, Danica Patrick, had won the pole position and finished 8th. This historic milestone was preceded and overshadowed by a VERY unfortunate pile-up that injured at least 30 in the stands during Saturday’s Nationwide race.
- Academy Awards spectacle! Michelle Obama’s appearance in the final minutes to announce the ‘Best Picture’ Oscar for ARGO causes me to ask, “Is there no pop culture event or a day of our lives, the Obama’s won’t intrude upon?” It was a first for a First Lady for a reason.
- With my post last week about clouds & my attitude being solar powered I am reminded by 4-days of excessive “Power Producing Pin-Wheel Fuel” that there is another weather element at play in the Tri-Cities, WIND! As a Mid-Columbian I take pride in saying any air-velocity of less then 25 mph is a breeze but for crying-out-loud!? The forecast is for much calmer skies tomorrow, Tuesday.
- Of course griping about the weather seems petty when you dial up The Weather Channel and see the blizzards, rain fall, flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes etc. that other parts of the U.S. have to contend with. In the Columbia Basin, we are lucky.
- The Tri-City Americans raised money to support Breast Cancer Awareness Friday night and defeated the Everett Silvertips 6-2 then pummeled the reigning WHL Champion and Central Division leading Edmonton Oil Kings 8-1 Saturday!