Send Us an Audition to Sing with FOREIGNER at the Benton-Franklin Fair
FOREIGNER will perform at the Benton-Franklin Fair Aug. 21. They have requested we provide a high school choir to accompany them on the song, “I Want to Know What Love Is.” The fair, KOOL FM and the Washington Music Educators Association are teaming up to hold auditions. Here’s how:
- The “choir” in the audition tape may consist of any number of kids. Duo, quartet, 10, full choir, etc.
- The video may be of any length. 10-15 seconds is fine, full song is fine.
- The song in the video MUST be a Foreigner song – preferably “I Want to Know What Love Is.”
- Video submissions should be Youtube URLs and will be shared on 975koolfm.com.
- Submissions will be accepted through June 30 11:59 p.m. The public will vote on the videos July 1 through July 12 11:59 p.m.
- The submission with the most votes will be the winner and their entire choir (up to 25 people) will be eligible to sing with the band. The director of the winner’s choir will be introduced via email to Foreigner’s manager who will provide all the details for the performance.
- Any high school choir from Grandview to Walla Walla and Moses Lake to Pendleton may enter. If your school can receive 97.5 KOOL FM on your radio you can enter.
Here are the details for the winner:
- High school choir with no more than 25 kids will sing with Foreigner on “I want to know what love is” onstage at the fair.
- Choir will get $500.
- Members of the choir plus 5 adult chaperones man a booth selling a Foreigner CD before and after the show. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Grammy Foundation that awards grants to under-funded high school music programs across the country.